- Pre-baked sweet tart shell
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbps. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups sliced rhubarb (frozen will work- see baking time below.)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbps. butter, cut into pieces.
Bake the sweet tart shell as directed. Set aside.
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
In large bowl, beat eggs on med. speed until light. Beat in granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour and the almond extract until well blended. Alternately layer rhubarb and strawberries into crust-lined pan. Pour egg mixture over fruit.
In small bowl, mix brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and the nutmeg. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top.
Bake 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is set in center. Cool completely – about 2 hours. Store in refrigerator. If using frozen rhubarb, increase baking time to 55-65 minutes.